Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New 2012, Everyone!  Like most adults, I can't believe that 2011 has come and gone and that the new year is upon us.  Shucks!  By the time I finish writing this blog, it'll already be pushing the 3rd!  Yikes!

Today I feel invigorated.  The weight I have been carrying on my shoulders feels to have lightened almost magically overnight and I have no idea why but I am grateful that it has.  I am set to start anew and have decided that this is going to be a banner year.  

My resolutions are not resolutions.  I have, instead, decided to set specific goals lined out with direct steps of action to help me accomplish those goals.  The first one is to sell a song for the purpose of contributing financially to my family's future, so that we may, as a family, reach our shared goals.  This is a key factor in the motivation department because it is a very specific purpose.  My goal is not my own.  It is for my family.  It is for the bigger picture.  I need this in order for me to see it through as I apparently don't take my own needs seriously enough to ever truly follow through on something specifically designed to benefit me.  But for my family, YES.

So this posting, actually, is a step toward that goal because it is getting me away from sitting on the couch, shrinking my brain with mind-numbing, thoughtless TV, and getting my creative juices flowing once again. 

Another specific action is to put makeup on and present myself better.  For the past, oh, 9 years I have totally let myself go in terms of presenting myself as anything other than a harried, tired, overworked mother.  I have worn it proudly like a royal robe and have been known to literally stay in my pajamas day-in & day-out, even when leaving the house in the afternoon to run errands.  I joke about the weight I have gained and have embraced it lovingly as only a person who accepts herself and her flaws can, but smartly, I know that if I continue to let myself get bigger and bigger, my health will really be at risk and that is not something I want to do.  So I have been putting on a fresh face for the past few days and I must say that the prettier reflection I see in the mirror is inspiring me to pretty up the figure hidden below the mirror.  I am back in contact with my trainer at the gym and will be meeting up this week.

Time is being set aside to work on my music and I will write a minimum of one new song each month.  I am not a prolific songwriter - - - I write entirely based on emotions that sock me in my gut - - - so making the commitment to work on and write with discipline instead of only on "the moment" will be new for me. 

And the tasks of streamlining, decluttering, and getting homeschooling running as smoothly & engaging as I envision it  remain priorities as well.

Small projects to complete are:  Christmas quilts with the kids to present to their grandparents (didn't make Christmas 2011, so definitely by Christmas 2012! ha ha ha!) and shoe rack/bench for the living room which presently sits in the garage partially started.

What are your goals this year?  What have you outlined to specifically take you closer to those goals? 

Best wishes to you for success in accomplishing your goals and achieving what you set out to achieve! 

Happy 2012, Everyone! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment